Join ACH to Support a Professional Community for Digital Humanities
Founded in 1978, ACH provides a welcoming intellectual community and support for professional activities across the range of DH disciplines, practices, and cultures. As a member organization of ADHO (the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations), ACH connects the international DH community through conferences, discussion, and publications. Your ACH membership helps to fund student bursaries, open-access journal publication, mentoring services, development microgrants, and other important DH initiatives.
ACH Membership Only Options
Membership only (£25 / $40)
Student membership (£15 / $26)
Developing countries membership only (£15 / $26)
(Please consult the Oxford University Press list of developing countries.)
ACH Membership + Print subscription to Digital Scholarship in the Humanities
Membership + Print DSH (£91 / $172)
Membership + Print DSH – Senior Citizen rate (£46 / $87)
Membership + Print DSH – Student Rate (£46 / $87)
Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) Membership
Joint membership in all constituents of the Alliance for Digital Humanities Organizations – Membership only – (£25 / $40)
Membership in ACH is for the calendar year. Our membership rolls are managed by DSH at Oxford University Press.
Having problems signing up? Email email@example.com
Benefits of Membership
Membership in ACH is open to anyone with an interest in digital humanities. Benefits include:
- The satisfaction of supporting a robust professional community for DH scholars and practitioners
- A variety of benefits targeted especially to students (whose membership fees are a very affordable $26!) and junior scholars, including:
- Ongoing discounts of up to 40% off of list price of DH books from university presses such as MIT Press, University of Minnesota Press, and University of Michigan Press
- Eligibility for occasional support, as available, of conferences and other events relevant to the Digital Humanities, including the biannual ACH Conference
- DHQ (Digital Humanities Quarterly), a free, open-access, online digital humanities journal supported by your membership fees
- Digital Humanities Questions and Answers (@DHanswers), a free and friendly resource for the DH community
- Humanist, a free listserv on humanities computing and DH, supported by your membership fees and continuously active since 1987
- An optional print subscription to DSH: Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (4+ issues per year)
- Significantly reduced registration fees at conferences sponsored by ADHO, the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (as well as many other events)
- Opportunities to meet and work with a wide range of DH scholars and practitioners in our worldwide community
- The chance to get involved and make a difference in the research, scholarship, and working lives of digital humanists
Getting Help with Your Membership
Some Membership Numbers
ACH is a small but committed and vibrant professional association. As of November 2015, we have 463 members (among nearly 800 individual members of the various ADHO constituent organizations).
ACH members hail from 21 countries worldwide, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Japan, Ireland, Spain, Finland, Mexico, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Belgium, New Zealand, the Russian Federation, Portugal, Luxembourg, and China. In 2012, North American members represented 75% of the whole, with 17% of ACH members hailing from European countries and 8% from the Asian/Pacific region.
We welcome new members from all over the world, and encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or to let us know how ACH and ADHO can better serve you.