The Association for Computers and the Humanities seeks applicants for a paid Communications internship. The intern will work with the ACH Executive to write blog posts and announcements about ACH and the broader digital humanities community; monitor and update ACH’s social media presence; assist in maintenance of its website; and perform other communications-related responsibilities. The Intern should anticipate spending approximately 10 hours per month on the position. The internship comes with a small annual stipend of $2000. It is well-suited for advanced undergraduate or graduate students who seek to supplement their existing digital humanities coursework or projects.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- excellent written and visual communication skills
- knowledge of digital humanities
- expertise in social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- comfort in using WordPress
- experience in developing content management for public audiences
- experience in graphic design and/or multimedia editing skills
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- attention to detail
To apply, submit a CV or résumé that includes links to your social media or public projects, and at least one current academic reference to Alex Gil, current ACH communications officer at email@example.com with ACH Communications Internship in the subject line. The application deadline is May 15, 2018 with the position beginning June 1, 2018 and ending June 1, 2019. This position may be renewed.